A question about AFL & Rain/Light sensor

• Hi everybody,

I have recently retrofitted AFL to my '07 Corsa Sport.
    It was a successful project, all AFL functions worked perfectly.

Yesterday I have also retrofitted rain/light sensor.
    The cable harness and the connector was already there and it was very easy. I just installed the sensor and activated the feature using the Tech2.
    I also had to replace the existing headlight switch with a new one which has A (auto) position.

Now, AFL functions such as start-up calibration, static cornering lights and dynamic curve lighting are working only in A (auto) mode.

When I turn on the headlights manually, AFL functions does not work.

Is this by design, or is there a problem ?

I'd like to hear from all AFL owners (factory-fitted or retrofitted).

Thanks & best regards,
    Serdar Aytamaner
    Istanbul, Turkey

Corsa 1.4 Sport, 5-türig, Magmarot, Schaltgetriebe
    Panoramaschiebedach, ESP, 17" stern-design felgen, ContiSportContact3 215/45 reifen

Nachrüstung : Tempomat, Bordcomputer, Sitzheizung, HSA, DDS, Solar Reflect windschutzscheibe, Solar Protect getönt glas im rückseite, dunkel getönt rückleuchten, OPC-Line bodykit, OPC-Line interieur-paket, AFL, Touch & Connect

• Anybody ?

Panoramaschiebedach, ESP, 17" stern-design felgen, ContiSportContact3 215/45 reifen

Nachrüstung : Tempomat, Bordcomputer, Sitzheizung, HSA, DDS, Solar Reflect windschutzscheibe, Solar Protect getönt glas im rückseite, dunkel getönt rückleuchten, OPC-Line bodykit, OPC-Line interieur-paket, AFL, Touch & Connect

• Seems to be a problem. My car is factory fitted with AFL and rain/light sensor and I cannot observe this issue.

Programmierung und Rücksetzung (auch ohne Code) von allen Steuergeräten mit MDI&Tech2 bei mir möglich
    Aux Nachrüstung CD70/DVD90, Displayprogrammierung auf 3-Zeilen BC, zurücksetzten gebrauchter Opel Funkschlüssel

• Thanks for the response.

Just to be sure that I was able to explain the situation :

While your main (low) beams are turned on manually (not in A mode),
    do your static cornering lights turn on when you steered, signaled or reversed ?

Thanks & best regards,
    Serdar

• Yes, they do.
    I would start to check the AFL ecu if it detects the status of the light switch.
    You can easily check it with Tech-2/MDI in the data list.

Programmierung und Rücksetzung (auch ohne Code) von allen Steuergeräten mit MDI&Tech2 bei mir möglich
    Aux Nachrüstung CD70/DVD90, Displayprogrammierung auf 3-Zeilen BC, zurücksetzten gebrauchter Opel Funkschlüssel

• Thanks again.

An update:

I was wrong in my first observation.
    AFL functions do work even in manual mode.
    But it depends on the status of the light sensor.
    I mean, when I covered the sensor with some object and turn the wheel, static cornering light turns on.

This means the position of the light switch does not matter for the AFL functions to work. It only checks the light sensor status.

If it is the same for your car, then there is no problem with anything.

In my opinion, light sensor should be off when the switch is in manual mode.

Cheers,
    Serdar