Alloy wheel color code for re-painting

• Hello everybody

Last night My Corsa's right front wheel fell into a very big hole on the road. The tyre was cut, alloy wheel got damaged, and front spoiler cracked. ;(

Now I have to buy a new tyre and also get the spoiler fixed & painted.
    As finding the same tyre is easy, and the color code for the body is available, these are no problem.

But I also want to get the wheel re-painted but nobody seem to know the exact color code of it.

Paintshop owners say that there's no such a code and they are able to find the closest color tone by mixing different colors. But this doesn't sound convincing enough for me.

I'd like to know the color code of my Corsa Sport's 6x16" 5-twin-spokes alloy wheel. If anybody can help me about that, I'll be grateful.

Thanks, and my best regards,
    Serdar

Corsa 1.4 Sport, 5-türig, Magmarot, Schaltgetriebe
    Panoramaschiebedach, ESP, 17" stern-design felgen, ContiSportContact3 215/45 reifen

Nachrüstung : Tempomat, Bordcomputer, Sitzheizung, HSA, DDS, Solar Reflect windschutzscheibe, Solar Protect getönt glas im rückseite, dunkel getönt rückleuchten, OPC-Line bodykit, OPC-Line interieur-paket, AFL, Touch & Connect

• have you a picture for here to see the dimension of damage of the alloy wheel ?

really only painting is necessary or a better/safer a new alloy wheel, because of hiding damage !?!?

• Hello flex-didi,

I didn't take a photo of the damaged wheel yet but I will do that and post it here today.

In the meantime, I can say that there are no major damages to the wheel, just a few scratches on the edge of the wheel and on the spokes.

I brought the wheel to a tyreshop, to be sure that it's safely usable. They put it on the balancing machine, rotated it and found no damage such as bending or distortion on the shape of the wheel.

Some of those scratches are minor but there are deep ones too. It looks bad and I don't want to use it llike that, that's why I want to get it painted.

mfg,
    Serdar

Panoramaschiebedach, ESP, 17" stern-design felgen, ContiSportContact3 215/45 reifen

Nachrüstung : Tempomat, Bordcomputer, Sitzheizung, HSA, DDS, Solar Reflect windschutzscheibe, Solar Protect getönt glas im rückseite, dunkel getönt rückleuchten, OPC-Line bodykit, OPC-Line interieur-paket, AFL, Touch & Connect

• Still no answer...

Nobody knows anything about that ? ;(

I sent an e-mail to kunden.info.center@de.opel.com asking the same question. Now I've been waiting for an answer.

In some previous occasions, Opel Germany redirected my messages to GM Turkey Customer Services. Unfortunately, my fellow Turkish countrymen working in that department don't know anything about such things, and don't seem to care to research & answer.

In fact, now I'm surely much more knowledgeable than them about Corsa, with all the research I made on the Internet, all the information you and other Corsa owners share, and all the information I got from technicians working in authorized & private Opel services, by asking every kind of endless questions.

Hope Opel Germany directly answer my question this time... :rolleyes:

• sorry , i have search in Internet and ask my Customer ,

nobody have the Paint Code , my Customer say it is Sterlingsilver ?(

have found this side in German :

http://www.wheeldoctor.de/

sorry for my bad english :(

Opel Corsa D 1.3CDTI DPF 90PS Sport , Starsilber , Vorteilspaket & Quickheat

Zubehör : OPC-Line Dachspoiler , Irmscher Mittelarmlehne , Edelstahlfußstütze , Edelstahleinstiegsleisten , Blaue LED Fuß & Decken & Kofferraumbeleuchtung , Blaue Kaltlichtkathodenbeleuchtung Fußraum hinten , H7 Vision +

Reifen : 16" Alu orginal , 15" Stahl Winterreifen
    bestellt: 16.08.07 geliefert: 11.10.07 abgeholt: 16.10.07 verkauft: 30.06.09

• Hello silverrider,

Thank you very much for your efforts, my friend. :)

I know that the 17" optional wheels are Sterling Silver, but I don't know whether my 16"s are the same colour or not. Even if it was, there may be several different Sterling Silver color tones so exact paint code may be needed anyway.

Still no answer from Opel, I'll keep looking...

mfg,
    Serdar

• Hello ,

my dealer say´s that 16" and 17" is the same colour ( Sterling Silver ) ,

he say´s me a Paint Code " GM 160 " for Sterling Silver ?(

Zubehör : OPC-Line Dachspoiler , Irmscher Mittelarmlehne , Edelstahlfußstütze , Edelstahleinstiegsleisten , Blaue LED Fuß & Decken & Kofferraumbeleuchtung , Blaue Kaltlichtkathodenbeleuchtung Fußraum hinten , H7 Vision +

• Thanks again silverrider

I told the code GM160 to the painter guy who works in my private Opel werkstatt, but he said that there is no such a code.

Before that he had told me that he would do his best to match the original color by mixing some other colors. I guess I made him angry with my questions and I also guess he thought that I don't trust his workmanship so he didn't seem interested with the paint codes and such.

Just minutes ago, I received a response from Opel Customer Info Services. It goes like this :

Dear Mr Aytamaner,
    Thank you for your e-mail dated 18th of February 2008.
    We kindly like to inform you that we did a research on your request and there does not exist a code for the color of the wheels.
    Yours sincerely
    Adam Opel GmbH

I can't believe that there is no code for a paint color, isn't there even a name for the color ? Why don't they tell me it's sterling silver or whatever color it is ?

Anyway, I quit researching and ordered a new wheel.
    In the meantime, the damaged wheel will be painted and I will use it as the spare wheel, so it doesn't matter anymore if it matches the original color exactly or not.

Best regards,
    Serdar

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von saytamaner ()

• Hello ,

the Paint Code GM 160 is not from Opel it is General Motors Code for Sterling Silver.

The Weehls are not production at Opel , the weehls are production at ATS / Borbet or BBS.

A new Weehl is the better decision :]

Mfg

silverrider

• Yeah, I've already ordered a new one while I was looking for the color code. Because there was a risk of having wheels with unmatched colors in the end, even if I was able to find the color code. Paintwork is always a tricky job, even for the experienced.

I got the old wheel painted anyway, as I said I'm gonna use it as the spare. The painted wheel looks great with a brand-new shiny look but the risk I mentioned above is realized and the color looks just a tone darker than the original. Tomorrow I will post the photos of the wheels here...